Wednesday, January 14, 2009

been awhile, Twilight books, Presidential Inaguration

I can't believe its been over a month since I last posted!! To say the least I've been busy, doing what, I have no idea. Just the usual I guess, kids, dogs, housework, etc. My kids were off for winter break the last 2 full weeks of Dec and didn't go back until Jan. 5th. Rick did take the kids up to see his parents for a few day between Christmas and New Year's. I don't go up to NW Pennsylvania in the winter for any reason. My in-laws have 3 indoor cats and I am severely allergic to cats, even though I really like them. I just can't spend much time in the house, but too cold to be outside either and I didn't want to spend my time in the van, while everyone was in the house!! We did have a quiet Christmas however, that's just how
I like my holidays. Rick got me a beautiful yellow gold cross necklace. I have always wanted one, nice he remembers things like this sometimes.

Jenn told me about the "Twilight" book series, so I thought I would get the 1st one from the library. I think I was about 55 on the wait list, so I assumed people really wanted to read these. I got mine last week and read the entire book in one day, couldn't get enough. Had I known that I would read it so fast I would have requested them all at the same time. So, I got on the list for "New Moon" (#81) and "Eclipse" (#104). After re-reading the 1st one again, I said I can buy these others faster than I can borrow them. So I ordered all of them and should get them buy next week sometime. In the meantime I spoke to my daughter's bf's mom and she said her girls had them and read them all summer about 4 or 5 times each and just didn't understand what the big deal was until "she" starting reading them, her daughter let me borrow #2&3, someone else has #4 and hasn't given it back yet. I will get it one way or another. I read the 2nd one yesterday and started on 3 this afternoon. I felt guilty for neglecting the house for reading, so I did dishes, laundry and made dinner. I think Jenn wishes now she had never told me about the series as much as I bug her in emails asking her if such and such happens or not.
I haven't done any quilting or sewing since my last post, I think I got burned out from doing all of those blocks. I do plan on doing the last 2 soon, I don't like things just piling up. Plus I have 2 other blocks waiting for me to sew.

The kids have a 4 day weekend coming up this weekend. Monday is a Holiday (Martin Luther King) and Tues is the Presidential Inaguration and being only a hour or so from D.C. its fustrating and pretty much anti-climatic for Barak Obama to be sworn in. Everyone seems to be already treating him like he has been the President since he was elected. I just don't remember all this stuff before for any other President. For goodness sake, they had dress rehersal this weekend.

That's all for now.
God Bless and Happy Belated New Year!!

Blessing,
Diana

1 comment:

Growth in God said...

I am not bothered with you asking about the Twilight books- I just know it is better for you to wait and read it for yourself- there are so many twists that you dont see coming. You will not put book 4 down. When you finish 3 I hope you have four beacause you will crave it. LOL. Reading is good for you. I didn't realize you were so close to DC I feel for you.