Friday, November 21, 2008

Not sure what happened!!

I had wrote more and saved the post but, was in able to get the whole thing to publish what I wrote. Since I'm a newbie to blogging, I will chalk it up to inexperience and not stupidity. LOL!

I have my Secret Santa pkg to send out tomorrow as well as her Maker's Choice block for the swap. I had to do my own 9-patch variation cuz I just couldn't do it the way the directions wanted you to make the block. I hope she will like it, I do. I like the way it turned out and it can be put up or down, it will still work. Some blocks it either one or the other. I can't post a pic yet, just in case she happens to look at the blog, then she will know who sent her SS pkg. If I was smart I would make the other Maker's Choice block to the ones whose name hasn't been called and send them out then I wouldn't have to worry about it for the next 5 or 6 months and do some of my UFO's and not just quilty things.

Shannon stayed home sick from school today. I think she got too cold last night at her riding lesson, it was only mid-30's when she was at the barn. At this rate, I won't get any time to myself until after winter break is over from school, which is Jan. 5, 2009.

We plan on going to see Madagacar 2 tomorrow unless it snows. I don't do snow! It was suppose to snow today, but thank God it didn't. Tristan said it snowed at school though. Just a heavy dusting. Not a flake here!! BooHoo. lol.

I hate wintery weather!! Especially the ice, which we get more of than snow most of the time. I HATE being cold and the winter months, very depressing. The snow is pretty when it 1st comes down and of course, I like Christmas. HaHaHa!!

A good friend of mine and I are planning to make quilt blocks just for eachother for the next year. I am so excited. December is the first month we are making the planned patchwork block with Fabulous Fall fabric from Moda. We aren't telling eachother which fabric of that line though so we will be surpurised. How fun is that going to be?? We are also going to make eachother a signature block and one one from eachother's state.

Have a good evening and weekend!

Hugs and Blessings,
Diana

2 comments:

Growth in God said...

I got to see the Makers Choice Block and I for one think you did a great job. We still need to come up with state blocks for our swap. I can't find them.

Searchfamilies said...

Great Blog & lot of interesting bits on what your up to welcome to the world of blogging